New viruses appear almost everyday. Apart from installing the latest
-virus program, users are advised to use the Automatic Updates function to keep the Virus Definitions up-to-date. The Automatic Updates function is “Enabled”, by default, when you install the F-Secure Anti-Virus 7 or higher.
- In System Tray (in the lower right corner of the screen) you can see F-Secure Anti-Virus icon (blue triangle). Double click it.
- Select Automatic Updates.
- The date next to the “Virus definitions updated” / “Spyware definitions updated” shows when the databases have been updated. To check if your databases are up to date, please see the date of the Latest Definition Updates on the Definition Update Page.
Manual update for FSAV 7
For FSAV 7 or above, you can update the virus definitions manually:
- Download fsdbupdate.exe from F-secure.
- Run the downloaded file “fsdbupdate.exe” on your computer.
Manual update for FSAV 5
If you still using FSAV 5.x, you can update the virus definitions manually: